codesign is a command-line utility which allows you to code sign iOS applications on PCs running Windows or Linux.
To sign iOS applications using the Quamotion codesign command-line utility, you need:
- A PC running Linux or Windows
- You have an iOS Developer Profile which allows you to sign iOS applications and run iOS applications signed with your developer certificate on your devices.
Using the Quamotion codesign utility
The Quamotion codesign utility will re-sign the application using a certificate (code signing identity) and embed a provisioning profile in the application bundle.
You can either:
- Specify the thumbprint of the certificate and the UUID of the provisioning profile. The certificate and provisioning profile must exist in your developer profile.
- Specify the UDID of the device on which you want to run the app. In this case, a matching certificate and provisioning profile will be selected automatically from your developer profile.
To use the Quamotion codesign utility, run the following command:
codesign -a|--app <ipa> -d|--developerProfile <path to your developer profile> -p|--developerProfilePassword <password for your developer profile> -l|--license <path your Quamotion license file> -u|--udid <UDID of the device on which you want to run the app> -c|--certificate <thumbprint of the certificate (code signing identity)> -pp|--provisioningProfile <UUID of the provisioning profile to embed in the .ipa file>
- ipa is iOS application bundle you want to sign,
- developerProfile is the path to the Developer Profile you want to use to sign your application,
- developerProfilePassword is the password for your developer profile
- license is the path to your Quamotion license file.
- certificate is the thumbprint of the certificate (code signing identity) to use when signing the app
- provisioningProfile is the UUID of the provisioning profile to embed in the .ipa package.
- udid is the UDID of the device on which you want to run the app.
For more information about the Quamotion codesign command-line utility, contact us at email@example.com.