We’re happy to announce the release of the Sprint 42 edition of Quamotion for Visual Studio. The version number is 0.1.4635.
This release includes experimental support for removing the dependency on iTunes on Windows PCs, and adds stability and usability enhancements accross the board.
Remove dependency on iTunes
This release adds experimental support for
usbmuxd, the USB
multiplexor daemon for iOS devices, on Windows, removing the requirement
to install iTunes on your Windows PC if you want to test iOS devices.
This version includes:
- The usbmuxd.exe daemon
- A command-line utility which you can use to install the usbmuxd drivers for iOS devices
You need to use either
usbmuxd or iTunes, your device will not support
both at the same time.
Stability and usability enhancements
- Fixes an issue where duplicate port forwards were being created.
- Adds automatic restarts of the adb daemon if the adb daemon is unavailable or refuses connections.
- Fixes an issue with retrieving alert buttons on iOS.
- Includes a better error message when invoking a UI Automation script on an iOS device would fail.
- Adds support for clearing browser settings when starting a web test on mobile devices